- The word “PLUMBING” found nowhere on trucks, business cards or signs. Instead you see PIPING or PIPE, this is a loophole to mislead potential clients.
- No License number anywhere
- Unmarked work vehicles
- Business address is a home or residential address
- Demands cash only for payment
- Claims he is covered by a Licensed contractor
- Says “you don’t need a license for that”
- Cannot produce proof of insurance
- Cannot produce a License card
The consumer should always use their best judgement. Unlicensed contractors always lie to potential clients that they are licensed and insured just to get their foot in the door.